Balancing the need to address proliferating requests for environmental, social, and governance (ESG) disclosure with the need to manage and measure the performance of internal programs and initiatives is taxing, resource-intensive work.
Yet even as companies are increasingly scrutinized for the quality, depth, and relevance of their ESG performance disclosures, little guidance exists to help assess, prioritize, and harmonize the internal metrics and external reporting channels best suited to your company’s unique characteristics and operating context.
Identifying those ESG metrics most relevant to your business helps to ensure that your sustainability performance receives appropriate recognition and yields positive internal impact. Framework’s new ESG Metrics Development and Prioritization service supports clients in the development, prioritization, and implementation of metrics to maximize value on multiple fronts:
- Establishing goals and KPIs that are meaningful and relevant to an organization’s size and sector
- Gaining recognition in sustainability ratings, rankings and indices
- Identifying areas for performance acceleration in new and existing sustainability initiatives
- Improving risk preparedness and mitigation mechanisms
Based on a client’s sector, internal priorities, and reporting capacity, we identify a set of metrics that are contextually appropriate and most valued by a range of ESG research, ratings, index and disclosure frameworks, including:
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Global Reporting Initiative G3 Guidelines
- Bloomberg ESG platform
- Global 100 sustainability ranking
- FTSE4GOOD Index
The resulting metrics set can inform corporate strategy, serve as a basis for effectively managing ESG issues, and in turn, help to maximize brand value.
For more information and a demonstration of our ESG Metrics Development and Prioritization service, contact Kathee Rebernak.